Tuesday, September 2, 2008

MARRY YOU??? SMITCH PLEASE!!!

So, this weekend I had the honor of watching one of my buddies sign his freedom papers away. The wedding was beautiful with great singing and a charasmatic pastor officiating the ceremony...it was off the hook! During the reception, I set at a table with about seven ladies and I and another brother were the only males. The ladies were so respectful and sweet while we sat and ate, we also enjoyed conversations that were fit for the occasion. Many of the ladies expressed a longing desire to be married and enjoy their special day. After a while, the ladies expressed their many frustrations with their significant others, and with men in general. The main gripe was that they felt unappreciated, and went above and beyond to be good women to only come out unmarried and almost 30. Me being who I am, I wasn't buying NONE of that shit, cause I was born at night, NOT last night (plus I can smell a hoe a mile away)...So, I continued to listen, and I also watched these chix scratch and scrap to catch the bride's bouquet...it was pitiful. After these lovely events took place the DJ shouted out 5 words that would not only prove my suspicions about these women to be correct, but also go on to make me look like a modern day prophet...THE BAR IS NOW OPEN...it wasn't long before these sophisticated women were on the dance floor with dresses pulled up, asses showing, even kissing while elderly people sat and watched! Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didnt look like the marrying type...My point is, maybe ladies should stop blaming men for not marrying them and take a look in the mirror. Be HONEST in your self evaluation, and ask yourself...DO I DESERVE TO BE SOMEBODIES WIFE? I didn't mean to judge, but HOE charges are pending...I bang my gavel GUILTY!!! plz give me your thoughts...

13 comments:

T September 2, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

Good ish. Couldn't agree more.

Catch September 2, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

So true, I see smitch's like that all the time, a couple of my ex's have even asked me what my wife has that they dont. And my answer is always "Class". I'm not even saying that theres anything wrong with gettin out there and shaking yo ass to yo favorite song, but if I were you I wouldn't expect any proposal's anytime soon.

Austin September 2, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

Some ladies just want that ceremony...they dnt even know being a wife will probably the hardest job they ever have

Unknown September 2, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

guess who's back... but you know what... The idea of maraige is what intrigues women. the idea of having a "husband" is more essential to the equation then the actual husband. they want a fantasy and the second that fantasy dont pan out she making everyday a living hell for you until one of you just gives in and doesnt take that shit anymore. here comes the bride my ass. here come the divorce papers

Pennjamin Bannekar September 2, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

yo I feel u Al on the ceremony shit... cuz they spend all this money on a dress, invitations, cater, etc etc for a 15 minute ceremony. Y not go to city hall and spend that money in other ways?? I been sayin I would go to city hall and skip all the nonsense. Cuz at the end of the day u still married right?? But I bet you 90% of the women aint goin for that city hall shit cuz they wanna show they ass in a ceremony to make all their friends and other smitches jealous...

K.Michele September 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

it's not that they want to make people jealous Pennjamin....but some women...just want their fairy tale ceremony, because if it's right *meaning the relationship*, it will be the only wedding ceremony they have. I for one want a huge wedding and it's expected of me because I'm the baby, so I have no choice! So men...if u love your wife to be...u'd just get over it and do it all to make her happy!

But I do agree with the topic because some women out here show they asses and act girls gone wild- like, then expect to find a man who wants to be in a committed relationship w them...that ain't gonna work...u gotta do one or the other, but u can't do both!

Anonymous,  September 3, 2008 at 12:44 AM  

The above poster is right, you can't do both; but yet so many women do both. I know in my last relationship I had a ring to put on my lady's finger, and give her the wedding she wanted. She didn't know I had the ring, and probably never will. But she did a lot of talk during the relationship about a wedding, then she went wild and cheated. I guess all things work out. Ironically she looks like the above poster.

Catch September 3, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Why is it always "make the women happy" what about what the man wants. In most relationships men are always made to sacrifice his happiness for his mates. The wedding does not make the marriage, its what you do after that day that counts.

T September 3, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

If you all can watch sports on 12 inch TV's for the rest of your life, then we can skip the big wedding and go to city hall.

Just like you think the wedding doesn't matter, I think having Chris Paul or Reggie Bush look life size in your living room doesn't matter. Just like you're saying why not spend that money on something else, I'm saying why not watch the game on a smaller TV?

Do big weddings make more sense now guys?

Austin September 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Weddings don't make sense at all! You eventually gon have to come up off half your shit!!! I will never really know the real person...everyone has 2 sides. Just like the chix at the wedding, they guy prolly think they was there on best behavior...they was out there buck! Went home and cryed and complained why they arent brides!

K.Michele September 3, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

good post t!!! very good post! And CHblogspotDOTcom...I'm not her!!! lol!

she whomps anyway, booo her!

Rayna September 5, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

So, I will use myself as an example. A few years ago, I made the decision to not "waste" time with anyone who, A. Did not have goals, B. Was not the type of person I would want to be, C. Had a "thing" about them that was not worth sticking around for, D. Shared the basic values that I did. I was dateless for a while, butin that time I got to know myself and really realize what I wanted out of a mate. Some women want to find Mr. Right without knowing themselves. You have to be ok being alone and just with yourself before starting a life with someone. How can you expect someone else to be ok with you if you aren't?

And about the big wedding thing. I personally would not want a huge wedding unless I were very wealthy at the time. I'd rather put a down payment on a house, invest, or dammit, get a Range or something. All you really need are nice pictures cuz thas all thas gonna be left anyway! I refuse to be one of those people still paying off my wedding at my 10 year anniversary!

Anonymous,  September 5, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Thank you rayna! very well spoken... I couldnt agree more!