Monday, December 8, 2008

ON A SAD NOTE...

An upcoming Dayton, Ohio actor who starred in Eminem's hit movie 8 Mile has been found dead of an apparent suicide, AllHipHop.com has confirmed. Actor De'Angelo Wilson, who starred as "DJ Iz" in 8 Mile, apparently hung himself on November 26, just one day before Thanksgiving. According to police, Wilson, who also had a role in the hit movie Antwone Fisher, was found dead in the back room of a Los Angeles business, although it took police a week to locate his next of kin. Once Wilson's mother was contacted, she revealed that she didn't have the funds to bring her deceased son's body back to his native home of Dayton. A group of his friends have stepped in - including the real Antwone Fisher, who befriended Wilson during the production of the movie Antwone Fisher. Wilson's most recent role was in 2006, when he starred as "Julius" in Mercy Street. He also had small roles in The Salon, CSI: NY, Outside Man and others.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  December 8, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

That's sad. A whole 2 weeks later, damn. I wonder what was going through his mind to say to himself "Im gonna kill myself", but no tellin what he was going through. He could have been on somethin, takin meds or just simply depressed. That's a shame how most of the stars/entertainers are found dead out here! I guess this is HOLLYWOOD for ya!

Marky Breeze December 8, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

Man this story right here is truly an eye opener... be grateful for what you have. You never know how bad someone else may have it. And trust all that glitters isn't gold... most of us may have seen him in movies and on tv and just thought he's doin ok, but not really knowing the things that he's going through. So many people may be quick to be judgemental about this situation, but trust you might not know his struggle until you've been there. Take it from me, I learned the hard way that suicide isn't the way out... I attempted it a few times. At those times I was at my lowest, I didn't even love myself... but if I may quote my partner "God intervened and told me don't die". I was awakened from my state to know that I'm worth something. Homie probably didn't get the same wakeup call... so please don't pass judgement on him for he did not fully know. I pray from his friends and family.

Austin December 8, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

You would think that ppl who are living there dreams would be happy with life...this is sad...

Austin December 8, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Suicide may seem crazy to some, but to others it may seem like the only way out of their pain...you never know what ppl are going thru. We have to pray for those with less knowledge and understanding than us...When you understand God's love, you know thats not the way. Its a real spiritual war going on, and evil is at work...we all need to work a lot harder to stay COVERED...

Anonymous,  December 8, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Mark and Al, good words!

ICE December 8, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

All I can say is SAD! SMH...