Monday, June 16, 2008

I'M SICK OF THIS SHIT!!! STOP THE VIOLENCE!!! NOW!!!

OK.. NOW WE ALL HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON IN OUR CITY AS FAR AS VIOLENCE GOES... BUT AS THE YEAR GOES BY IT SEEMS TO GET WORSE. OVER THIS WEEKEND, I WAS IN MY OLD NEIGHBORHOOD, I WAS TALKIN TO A FRIEND OF MINE... HER COUSIN WAS SHOT AND KILLED, SO I STOPPED BY TO OFFER MY SUPPORT, WHILE OVER THERE SHE GOT A PHONE CALL AND SOMEONE ELSE SHE KNEW WAS SHOT DOWN AND KILLED. IN THAT SAM STROKE I FOUND OUT MY SISTER WAS CAUGHT IN A DRIVE-BY SATURDAY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. HER FRIEND PUSHED HER DOWN AND SHIELDED HER AND HE WAS SHOT MULTIPLE TIMES, AS WELL AS 4 OTHER PEOPLE INCLUDING A BABY... A DAMN BABY. THEN I WAKE UP THIS MORNING TO THE NEWS AND FIND OUT SOMETHING HAPPENED WHERE A DUDE WAS DRIVING ALL CRAZY AND HIT 6 PEOPLE IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN 2 OF WHICH DIED... AND SOME OF THESE WERE CHILDREN. AS WELL AS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT REPORT ANOTHER REPORT CAME THROUGH WHERE A 17 YR OLD GIRL IN MAYWOOD WAS SHOT IN THE HEAD... AND ALL THIS OVER THE WEEKEND... AND THAT'S JUST WHAT I HEARD ABOUT. NOT TO MENTION ALL THE CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL KIDS WHO HAVE BEEN GETTING MURDERED ALL YEAR. I AM A PARENT, BUT BEFORE THAT I AM A MAN, AND AS A REAL MAN WHO CARES ABOUT PEOPLE I WISH THIS SHIT WOULD STOP! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYDAY HAVING TO HEAR ABOUT PEOPLE BEING MURDERED FOR NOTHING. CAUSE YOU SAY YOU IN THIS GANG AND THEY ARE IN THAT GANG? OR CAUSE OF HOW YOU WEAR YOUR HAT? OR THE COLORS YOU WEAR? ITS FUCKING SENSELSS... I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE, BUT I PLAN ON DOING MY PART AT SHOWS, ON RECORDS, AND LOOKING TO JOIN IN ANY STOP THE VIOLENCE MOVEMENTS AND I URGE ALL OF YOU TO DO THE SAME. IF YOU HAVE A MYSPACE PAGE, FACEBOOK PAGE, BLOG OR WHATEVER PLEASE REPOST THIS AND ASK PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME... SOME TYPE OF ACTION NEEDS TO BE TAKEN. THANK YOU!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  June 16, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

314 p.o.v. Up here its these "thunders" (young katz) that keep St. Louis on the "Most Dangerous Cities" list. The O.G.'s caint even calm these kids down nowadays! ***Me & my folks founded the TOUCH Foundation,I volunteer on my off days, and have an open door policy. REGARDING SCHOOL SHOOTINGS (only if this applies to you) ALL U, "I THINK IM SOMETHING LIKE DA SHYT PARENTS CUZ UR KIDS GOT FRESH JAYS...BITCHES BLOW ME!" u wanna prevent violence in schools GO THERE!!! Meet the teachers, know the kids by name, pull they jeans up on they azz,tell the young ladies to cover up, and most of all LOVE THEM! Ur $17 hr punk azz job aint worth ur kid witnissing a homo or being a victim! & u can miss me with that..."da niggaz who be shootn dont be the ones in school!" no shyt! they the drop outs who...we have failed! i got kids & i want some more so as a parent i have to create an environment that poses lil or no threat to my yungn! if u dont help the youth u basically putting the hit out for mine and yours! stl aint had this many homos since the early 90's when my mama ran with us down south...I aint losing my kids so I handlez mine WHAT ABOUT U?

Anonymous,  June 16, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

I FEEL YOU KELZ. I GET SO NERVOUS WHEN MY DAUGHTER WANTS TO GO AND PLAY OUTSIDE! MY NEIBORHOOD LOOKS ALL PEACEFUL AND QUIET! BUT IT GOES DOWN AND ALL YOU HEAR IS SIRENS. I LIVE IN A CRIP HOOD AND THIS SHIT IS CRAZY. KIDS CANT EVEN GO OUT AND PLAY NO MORE OR JUST BEING A INNOCENT BYSTANDER IS DANGEROUS. YOU RIGHT, THESE OG's AINT DOIN SHIT EITHER.
SOME PARENTS "JUST DONT GIVE A DAMN"!!! MY BROTHER TRIED THAT GANG SHIT, BUT I PULLED THAT NIGGAS CARD, MY MOMMA(RIP) WASNT HAVENT IT EITHER. OH HE STR8 NOW! LOVE THESE KIDS, TALK TO THEM, BE ACTIVE WITH THEM, PUT THEM IN SPORTS OR SOME KIND OF ACTIVITY, WATCH WHO THEY HANG AROUND, SHYYT MINE ONLY 8 BUT I ASK QUESTIONS, POP UP ALL THAT. I STAYS INVOLVED. NOPE, I AINT LOSIN MINE EITHER.

THO I DONT KNOW THE FAMILIES WHO WERE AFFECTED BY THE VIOLENCE, MY HEART AND CONDOLENCES GO OUT TO THEM. I KNOW WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE!

Anonymous,  June 16, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

isn't it lovely when "good mommiez" chop it up!?!? yeah for ~b~ & big ups on ur brother "sisterly love" and an azz woopn go along way!

Austin June 16, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

I can remember wondering if I was gon make it thru the summer or who at school might not make it back...shit is worse now... Yall on the money about having to know kids by name...you never know what these kids into outside of school, that activity is goin to follow them everywhere they go! I was an athlete in school, my best friend was a thug ass nigga, been locked up since we was 17!!! ppl couldnt understand why we was friends, because we was so different. When niggas saw us, they didnt assume we was on our way to a basketball game though, they thought we was on some gang shit...I got associated with his shit all the time...and its hard to ask your kids to seperate from lifelong friends, we gotta do better as parents...and step in for the kids who need some direction

Dee Styles June 16, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

We all need to get active!

I can say its hard as a single parent to raise your own right!

But just raising our own isn't enough! So many other parents don't know what to do with their kids or don't care what their kids do....But their kids actions affect our kids!!

We gotta get active in the community and in the lives of our youth...They are all Gods children so they are all our responsibilty....Even if we take the time to get one child outside of our own right we did something to make it better!